Sunday, December 7, 2008

links to some of my favorite artists

  • Michael Card: I found Card's music through the library and I've got to tell you that I'm glad I did. Card's music is full of poetry and great biblical images. In addition, Card hosts a radio show talking about community and the Bible. Really has been a key person in my spiritual walk.

  • Carman Ministries : At one time, Carman was the greatest Christian singer and his music was a great blessing. In more recent years, Carman has tried to "adapt" to changing times by trying a thousand different gimmicks and dozens of different styles (including rap and country). He can still occasionally produce a good song, but it's not the same as before. I wish he'd just sing music that glorifies the Lord and not worry about the rest. Now that I have money, a purchase of some earlier Carman Cd's that I missed is on my to-do list.

  • Bob Carlisle The man's singing is awesome. "Bobby C" sings some great tributes and "love songs". The Importance of faith and family ring through every word he writes even in the songs where Christ isn't the main message. Bob Carlisle's work doesn't have the philosophical depth of Rich Mullins but he knows how to touch our hearts. The best part of his website is that unlike other artists, Bob Carlisle will actually talk to his fans and respond to posts on his message board.

  • Ray Boltz : Ray Boltz has the power to bring the Word to life like no other and pull the most poignant points out of any scripture. I think I've only heard one of his songs that I didn't like. With hits like "Thank You", "There Stood a Lamb", and others, he is most deservedly considered a great singer and songwriter.

  • Steven Curtis Chapman: Chapman manages to mix sound theology and good modern music. While most artists are generically interchangeable, Chapman succeeds where most fail because his message really brings home the Gospel.

  • Steve Camp/Audience One: The Artist who sang songs like, "Don't Tell Them that Jesus Loves Them (unless you're ready to love them too)" and "The Gospel According to Jesus" presents his 107 theses for the reformation of Christian Music. In recent years, Camp has become bitter which has shown through in a lot of his writings particularly on the Catholic Church, though recently he's gone after C.S. Lewis. S

    Friends Sites

  • All For Christ: My Wife's website. She has her poetry as well as several commentaries on the page. Read her works and you'll understand why I fell in love with her. As with everything, in Andrea's world, it's also very purple.

  • Siliconsword : My brother, Josh's website, all that's there is a big logo, but it's a nice logo. :)

  • Lance Brown's Blog: This is the blog belonging to my former boss and aspiring President of the United States. I remain pledged to moving to Ireland if he actually wins but still it's an interesting site.
  • Anthony Harper, Gospel Singer This is the homepage of a dear brother in Christ, Anthony Harper who I met through the Keep the Commandments coalition.
  • David Oatney's Blog: Probably my best friend online. I've known him since the late '90s.

    Cool Links

  • The Computer Guys : This is where I got Web-o-Rama, the software I design my webpages with.

  • The Free Site : This page provides the web's best freebies. I've gone other places to find free stuff and none of them compares to the Free Site

  • Writers Weekly : The best site for writers on the net, providing helpful e-books, warnings about dishonest publishers, writing classes, and tips for writers.

  • The Virtual Commonwealth of Cyberia: Met some interesting people there, some of whom are my friends today. If you're a conservative with a lot of free time on your hands, here's one place to go.

  • Kingdom of Morovia: Most enjoyable and civil micronation I've ever been a part of and the one that I'm the King of. We need new citizens.

  • Findlaw.com: Great for legal research, especially if you're being sued in Micronational court. :)

    Former Employers

    To read more visit my work biography .

  • PeoplesForum.com
  • Arby's
  • Taco Bell
  • McDonalds
  • The Kirby Company
  • American West Community Promotions
  • Stream International

    Christian Links

  • First International Church of the Web: Home of St. Luke Evangelical Ministries, provides fellowship and encouragement online. Ordination, as well as Christian education available

  • Christian GIFS MSN Community : This is one of the best Christian communities, I've yet found on the Internet. It has hundreds of public domain Christian graphics, Christian jokes, and testimonies.

  • Bible Gateway: Read the Bible Online

  • Audio Bible: Listen to the Bible Online

  • Answering Islam: After September 11, I found myself wanting to learn more about Islam and what the Koran actually says. This site reveals the truth about Islam while remaining incredibly open to considering and answering the arguments of Muslims.

  • Tekton Ministries: In the face of vociferous arguments from atheists and agnostics, JP Holding stands firm, eviscerating quackery and oddities with passion, fervor, and a biting sense of humor.

  • Dave Christiano Films: After seeing TBN's truly disappointing movie, "The Champion", you could easily despair at the future as well as the quality of Christian film-making. Thankfully, Dave Christiano knows how to do Christian filmmaking the right way, bringing powerful gospel messages to the silver screen for $100,000 or less.
  • Idaho Values Alliance: Brave souls fighting for traditional values in Idaho.
  • The Treasure Valley Christian News: A true Christian newspaper in the Boise area.
  • Cloverdale Church of God: My home church in Boise.
  • The Pursuit: Another church in Boise I reccomend.
  • Pastor Greg: The first Christian sitcom, please give him your support.

    Funny Stuff and Comics

    Dilbert : Based on a True Story!
    Peace Moonbeam: The misadventures of everyone's favorite anti-war activist.
    No Rest for the Wicked: Our heroine needs a good night's rest, but first she needs to rescue the moon. Amazingly well-written. A must read
    Home Star Runner: Mostly clean humor, simple but funny.

    My Syndicators
    Political and Patriotic Links

  • Renew America: The organization run by Alan Keyes includes lots of information on Ambassador Keyes, as well as Conservative Message Boards, forums, and news links. Also find their list of candidate who stand in agreement with the goals of Renew America. Renew America is more than a page about Alan Keyes, it is an effort to form a grassroots force to change America.

  • Rush Limbaugh: Rush Limbaugh is simply the best. I've been listening to Rush for ten years off and on and he's still "on the cutting edge of societal evolution". Rush is good for laughs as well as deep, serious political analysis. His site provides a lot of good content, even if you don't sign up for Rush 24/7, the site's premium service.

  • Pro-Life:Stop Abortion-Choose Life: Carolyn Gargaro's page on abortion is one of the best resources on that I've seen. You'll find stories of people who have changed from pro-choice to pro-life, non-traditional pro-lifers, as well as quotes of Democratic politicians who have flip-flopped on this issue for political gain.

  • Drudge Report : When I don't have time to keep up on the news, I visit the Drudge Report. The Drudge Report posts the most pressing and breaking news, so I can obtain the most important and vital news to my every day life.

  • The Hyphen: John Wayne's beautiful poem on American unity.

  • Ragged Old Flag: Johnny Cash's poem on America, written during Watergate.

  • Give Me Liberty: Patrick Henry's classic call to arms. I earned an "A" for the Oral Interpretation I did on this speech
  • No comments: